Notifications
Clear all

Rakghoul World Event

Page 1 / 2
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Rakghoul World Event

So currently at the minute there is a world event that just started in swtor involving Tatooine and Rakghouls. There are a bunch of dailies that start in the Dune Sea and continue to the southeastern portion of Tatooine and we will see where else they go after that. So far it seems like the main reward is Orange gear that looks pretty and other things but I am sure there is much more. I will post a guide on all this stuff later but right now I am still working on figuring things out (Torhead doesn't even have any updates yet).

It appears that the main currency for these dailies is Rakghoul DNA Samples. It says on the item "This Rakghoul DNa sample would probably be valuable on the open market, if you can find a buyer somewhere on Tatooine." So far I have heard the vendor is in Anchorhead but I can't confirm as I am still working on the Outbreak daily which had me collect Infected Wrappings, find the escape pod and now recover Samples from Infected Livestock. I'll do a more indepth guide sometime later once I know more!

Rakghoul DNA Samples Questions

"Where is the vendor for Rakghoul DNA Samples?" - I have been seeing this question asked non stop in /1. The vendor is located north of the Republic town in the Dune Sea, turn on the vendor symbol on your map and you will find him easily. He sells a Rakghoul pet and a bunch of Black-Green crystals. A pretty mediocre reward if you ask me.

"Where do the Dailies start for the Rakghoul World Event on Tatooine?" - The dailies start in the Dune Sea. For Republic it is northeast of their town. Imperials use the same vendor that the Republic players do. You don't actually pick up the quest from anyone for the dailies it is an [AREA] quest. All you have to do is walk into the area to start them.

"What level do I have to be to get the dailies for the Rakghoul World Event?" - You must be at least around the level range of Tatooine (20 - 25; in that range) in order to start the daily to the best of my knowledge. You can group up to speed up the process while doing the daily too.

"What does the vendor sell that accepts the Rakghoul DNA Samples?" - The vendor sells a mini Rakghoul pet, Black-Green Lightsaber Crystals and a box that contains a random Companion Customization.

"How long will this "event" be around for?" - Currently we don't know, it just started today though so hop in whenever, it's loads of fun!

"None of the items from the Rakghoul DNA Samples interest me, what should I do with them?" - You can sell them to other players for Credits if you don't want anything from the vendor. Depending on your server 10k per Rakghoul DNA Sample will probably be a good price.

"Do Imperials have dailies in the same places the Republic players do? Right above the Republic town where it is marked on your map below?" - As far as I know they do! I am not 100% certain if it is the same in the Dune Sea but in the southeastern end of Tatooine Republic and Imperial players do mingle together. As they're working on these dailies.

"How many Rakghoul DNA Samples can you get in a day from the dailies?" - You can get 11 in total from doing all of the dailies.

"Is there any other way to get Rakghoul DNA Samples aside from the dailies?" - Getting infected and "exploding" and infecting other players around you will reward you with more Rakghoul DNA samples. You can do this as many times as you want a day. In order to get infected fight the Rakghouls in the daily area or have another player explode by you and infect you. (Stand around on fleet long enough this is bound to happen)

"How do I get the Infect other players daily?" - In order to get this daily quest you must first become Lightheaded and wait awhile to then become Feverish. Once you are Feverish you will have to wait another little bit of time (usually 5 to 10 minutes) at which point you will explode and infect everyone around you that is not already infected. If you infect someone else you will start the Plaguebearer quest.

"How do I get infected to start the daily mission?" - You can get infected from another player exploding or by being attacked by the Rakghouls or other infected mobs on Tatooine.

"How long does it take you to explode once you're infected for the daily?" - First you become Lightheaded and that lasts for about 5 minutes or so and then you become Feverish which lasts for another 5 to 10 minutes and then you finally explode and infect everyone around you which will either start the daily "Plaguebearer" or update it if you already have it.

The vendor that accepts the Rakghoul DNA is named Jeelvic. Below is a picture of him, his location on the map and a list of all his loot.

<The bottom bit here you'll have to go to my website for as I can't post pictures in this post, I will work on adding a text version of it soon though!>

Location of Dailies and Rakghoul DNA Vendor

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashp...worldevent.cfm

Thanks Bioware for this awesome world event! I hope stuff like this always happens as it is loads of fun!

Tracking the Origin Quest

For this quest you need to visit three important landmarks in Achorhead (Republic) or Mos Ila (Empire); the Emergency Notice board by the Spaceport, Infected Escape Pod north of the Spaceport and the Medical Supplies by the Cantina. A picture of each of these items that you have to interact with and a location of where they can be found on the map is below. Each of these three things will give you a buff which will then allow you interact with a terminal in the little encampment nearby the Speeders in Anchorhead. Doing this will give you the Tracking the Origin quest.

Collecting the buff from all three of these objects will unlock the "Tracking the Origin" quest from the little encampment next to the speeders in southern Anchorhead. This quest requires you to scan 12 of the Stardream Wreckage which are scattered all over Tatooine.

-2413, -756 in the Dune Sea

- 1390, -446 in the Dune Sea

-2029, -1898 in the Dune Sea

1192, -1260 in Jundland

1083, -385 in Jundland (on the side of the cliff, you have to jump down to it from above)

761, -899 Jundland (Hidden on the side of another cliff)

1088, 733 Outpost Varath Area

1800, 590 Outpost Varath Area

745, -2542 Jundland atop the bunker

- 501, -321 Northwest of Mos Anek

280, 244 East of Mos Anek

- 595, - 1443 Near the Outlaw's Den exit leading to the Dune Sea

Daily Quest(s):

[DAILY] – Plaguebringer

To start off all the dailies, you need to head to this location in Dune Sea (Outpost Zaroshe is the closest speeder/Quick travel point for Imperials and Outpost Thorazan for the Republic). Doing these dailies for the first time will reward you with Codex entry 1-4 for the Rakghoul Pandemic event.

Upon entering the area, you will be given a

[DAILY AREA] Wreck of the Stardream- this is a multistep quest and fairly self-explanatory but if you need it, there is a full walkthrough available. Rewards are 7175 credits, 4x Rakghoul DNA Sample and 1x Rakghoul Vaccine. Codex entry 1-2 are obtained from doing this quest for the first time.

Killing any Rakghouls in the area will give you 3x Blood Samples, which starts up

[DAILY] Blood Sample – this is a lead in to the next [DAILY AREA] quests and rewards you with 7175 cedits, 50 LS or DS points, 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer boots for your faction:

Imperial Containment Officer Boots
Republic Containment Officer Boots

As of April 16, there is a new daily that can be picked up also in the same location as the Wreck of the Stardream

[DAILY] Passenger List – you can read a full walkthrough here. Rewards are 7175 credits, 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer gloves for your faction:

Imperial Containment Officer Gloves
Republic Containment Officer Gloves

As of April 18, there is a new daily that can be picked up in the same location as the Wreck of the Stardream

[DAILY] Pure Virus Sample - picked up when you click on the Shipping Manifest in the same area as the [AREA DAILY] Wreck of the Stardream. You are then asked head to an outpost (Rennar for Imperials) and grab the samples off the wall inside the building. Rewards you with 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer Head for your faction:

Imperial Containment Officer Helmet
Republic Containment Officer Helmet

Doing Blood Sample daily will lead you to the next area for the event in Jundland,
Where you can obtain

[DAILY AREA] Outbreak – another multistep quest and fairly self-explanatory but you can read a full walkthrough here. Rewards are 7175 credits, 4x Rakghoul DNA Sample and 1x Rakghoul Vaccine. Codex entry 3-4 are obtained from doing this quest for the first time.

As of April 17, there is a new daily that can be picked up in the same area as Outbreak/Blood Sample

[DAILY] Hybrid Strain - picked up when you killed Infected Sandpeople in the same area as Outbreak. You are then asked head to the designated area to scan and kill infected Jawa. Rewards you with 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer legs for your faction:

Republic Containment Officer Legs
Imperial Containment Officer Legs

As of April 19, there is a new daily that can be picked up also in the area of Outbreak/Blood Sample.

[DAILY] – Newly Infected- obtained from a datapad lying on the ground. Quest asks you to click on Dewback corpses located west of Outpost Largona. Rewards you with 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample, Containment Officer chest or belt

Imperial Containment Officer Armor
Republic Containment Officer Armor
Imperial Containment Officer Belt
Republic Containment Officer Belt

Lastly, if you get infected with the Rakghoul virus (via either killing Rakghouls/infected NPCs or standing next to someone that blew up) and blow up while infecting other people nearby, you can get this quest

[DAILY] Plaguebringer – goal is to infect 10 other people when you blow up (takes about 20 minutesfrom first infection to blowing up). There is a write up of how the infections, blowing up etc works! Rewards is 4305 credits and 5x Rakghoul Vaccines.

Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2012 4:33 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Wat te doen?

Geraak infected, makkelijkste op de fleet.
Zoek een groep op die bij elkaar staat, daar zitten wel infecteds bij (groene walm en gele ogen).
Die ontploffen op gegeven moment, infecting iedereen om zich heen. JIj dus oko!

Blijf staan daarna, want er opent een daily quest. Je moet 10 andere infecteren (door te ontploffen).
Reward hiervoor weet ik nog niet, maar iedere keer dat je onploft krijgt je 5 Rakghoul DNA sample, waarmee je nar een speciale vendor kan op Tatooine. Daar kan je het volgende kopen mits genoeg samples:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2012 5:02 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Reward voor daily is: 5 Rakghoul vaccin

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2012 5:08 pm
Abib
 Abib
(@abib)
Noble Member

Ik denk... ik ga vandaag eens campen op de fleet... is er weer een patch.

/off-topic Lijkt wel het enige te zijn dat ze kunnen ... patches uitrollen. Verbazend blijft ook dat dan de hele website van swtor tevens op zijn gat ligt. Is ook niet echt reclame voor het spel. Zulke zaken zouden strict gescheiden moeten zijn!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2012 10:57 am
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Dat doen ze expres, game down, website down anders gaan de helft op forum lopen kloten/jammeren/spammen etc 😀 Is goed over nagedacht 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/04/2012 11:07 am
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Dit wil ik ook !!! Misschien vanavond !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2012 12:18 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Die Tatooine daily vind ik zelf niet zo heel leuk, wat wel leuk is is ff die quest doen voor die Rakghoul pet. De dailies, voor zover ik gezien/gemerkt heb, geven als reward rakghould dna samples. Mijn mening zelf is, wanneer je een paar uur op de fleet staat, tussen de infected in, je meer samples verdiend

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/04/2012 12:34 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/16/rakghoul-pandemic-dynamic-event-guideupdated-daily/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/04/2012 10:23 pm
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Zo Rakhoul Epidemic 3 en 5 gehaald.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2012 12:45 am
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Moeten we niet die 3 world bosses gaan raggen?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2012 12:54 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Buiten het feit dat ze alledrie gecamped worden, kunnen we er maar 1tje doen.

1 is lvl30, de normale world boss van Tatooine is dat, Trapjaw, alleen nu is ie infected.
2 zijn er lvl50 champions, waarvan 1 in de open world pvp area staat op Tatooine, dus je moet ook nog eens rekening houden met Republics

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/04/2012 5:35 pm
Leto
 Leto
(@leto-the-mandorine)
Illustrious Member

Buiten het feit dat ze alledrie gecamped worden, kunnen we er maar 1tje doen.

1 is lvl30, de normale world boss van Tatooine is dat, Trapjaw, alleen nu is ie infected.
2 zijn er lvl50 champions, waarvan 1 in de open world pvp area staat op Tatooine, dus je moet ook nog eens rekening houden met Republics

Dus met andere woorden... het kan eindelijk eens spannend worden in SWTOR? ::)

The Mandorine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2012 9:13 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Geen idee, jij wil toch die world event niet doen 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/04/2012 12:23 am
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Ik vind het wel erg leuk ! wel lastig soms maar leuk !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2012 1:24 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Abib, Imia en Dashea hebben Infected Trapjaw gekilled vanmorgen en daarmee onze 6e codex entry verdiend 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/04/2012 1:37 pm
Page 1 / 2