Notifications
Clear all

Stella Bellum NGE Emu Server to Open on December 16th

Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Which content will be added?
Nearly all content that was added before the shutdown of SWG. Some rare, unobtainable items will be added through Rare Loot System or quest rewards for new quests. Some developers are hesitant about adding Atmospheric Flight, hence “nearly all”. This includes: changes to professions, items, adding new quests and game mechanics, etc.. However, this is currently notthe priority, main priority is getting the current content working.We will consider metrics to see which impact a game change has.
You can read more on the Stella Bellum forum or visit the Star Wars Galaxies Stella Bellum main forum site to learn more.
Via ...

Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2016 4:21 pm
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Stella Bellum is a server using stolen source code from Sony. Which I want to remind everyone, is ILLEGAL.
Nice advertising in a post about an SWGEmu based server. Not sure why this is even permitted to pass in the SWGEmu sub. I guess this sub isn't moderated anymore.

Source: Reddit SWGEMU. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Intressant verhaal en misschien wel waar?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/12/2016 3:16 pm
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Vanavond is het zover!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/12/2016 4:28 pm
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

We're all excited about going live and play our beloved game again, but ask for a bit more patience. We appologize for the delay, the 16th as live date was discussed last month. It was intended to stimulate the team members to work towards a deadline, instead of hanging in limbo. In that regard it has been a success, but some parts have been neglected like nested accounts. Remember, even SWG didn't start on its original launch day - picture related:

The good news is that Darth fixed the major database/memory leak issue last night. The "bad" news are it took a bit more time than anticipated and finishing the last required steps could be done, but would be rushed and result in a mediocre experience. Going live on 16th will not give us the time to ensure a smoother launch, therefore we discussed and decided a small postpone as some of our Developers will have more free time after the weekend to dedicate on SWG.
Nested accounts will be worked on, once they are finished and have been tested internally, the guideline will be posted. In the same instance, you will be able to submit multiple account requests for more than one person using the same IP. If you can submit your requests in the time period next week after I posted the guideline and before live, I will be able to give this the required attention. This process is handled by one person only currently, therefore I ask for patience after live.

We'll let you know when we have begun setting up and testing the server internally. We will also let you know the instant when players will be able to connect. No, there is no set hour for live. It's also better for the server to have a staggered character creation. We currently have 2865 registered accounts on the front end with 50 accounts created every day. The guesstimate is a number of 1000-2000 players for the first days. If 1000 players create only one character doing the tutorial it will bottleneck the tutorial instance and there is not much we can do even with increased tutorial instances. The amount of tutorial instances are limited. If you decide to do the tutorial/Tansarii with your character, you will experience longer waiting times and hang on the loading screen. All you can do then is wait.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/12/2016 6:54 pm