Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Producers note 6th March 2009

Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Eindelijk komt er echt gave en zoals wij dat in Rotterdam " Gerse " zaken naar Galaxies !!
Howdy,

I want to start out by thanking everyone for starting the month out with a bang (pun intended) by taking part in our House Pack-Up event.Β  In the first hour of the event alone you destroyed a combined total of over 30,000 structures!Β  Furthermore, since the start of the event you have knocked down over 300,000 structures.Β  In the words of Lord Vader, β€œMost impressive.”

So this month heralds the arrival of Update 8: Player Associations and Player Cities.Β  This is the first city update since player cities launched in our game once upon a time and we’re all very excited about that.Β  In addition to the new UI for both PAs and Cities, new city gardens, and a mountain of bug fixes/improvements, Update 8 also features four new collections, overhead map customization capabilities, and an increase to the group xp modifier.

Up next is Update 9: Structures and Domestics.Β  I’m proud to announce that this update will introduce three frequently requested structure features; new houses, houses that can be custom painted, and houses with windows.Β  First off, we’re introducing two completely new houses into the game that can be crafted by structure traders.Β  One is a small house and one is a medium house; the small house is pictured below.

Both of these new houses feature windows and they can be colored.Β  Structure traders will also be able to craft six windowed/colorable houses that are based on existing house floorplans.

Other things to watch out for in Update 9 include updates to existing food buffs and β€œBarn-Lite”.Β  Barn-Lite is for all the players who want the TCG Barn but have not yet been able to obtain one.Β  Barn-Lite is an object that can be crafted by a structure trader and then placed in any structure to give it a maximum beast storage capacity of 12 beasts (depending on how well it’s crafted).

People asked last month why I didn’t write about anything beyond the current update and the subsequent update.Β  The primary reason for this is that things can change very rapidly and the team needs to be nimble enough to respond.Β  I don’t want to put certain information out there only to have things change and then see the backlash of, β€œthey promised x, y, z and now we’re not getting any of that”.Β  In fact, not giving any information on future updates in the last Producer Note actually worked out very well because there have indeed been changes to the production schedule since then.Β  The player desires on the forums, coupled with the actual PvP metrics that we pulled, have inspired us to change our plans and devote an entire update to PvP.Β  I’m not going to give a timeframe or specific plans in this Producer Note (I should have some details in the next one) but a PvP Update is something that is actively in development right now.

Now onto the other big topic of late: GCW.Β  The update mentioned above is a PvP-specific update and not the full GCW update that some have been asking for.Β  I do want to say that we are exploring options for a full GCW update and it is something that we would definitely like to do.Β  To that end, we will be opening an official thread regarding our GCW plans in the Private Senate Forum and will be working directly with the Senators to gather focused feedback as we move into development on that update.Β  We do not want full GCW proposals written up for us.Β  We’ve seen a lot of them and, while some are good, they’re not exactly what we’re looking for at this point in the process.Β  Senators, we will be asking focused questions for you to gather feedback on every week or two.Β  Details are minimal right now but I will state that what we have in mind will affect all aspects and professions in the game (crafters, pilots, combat professions, entertainers, etc).

Finally, as was mentioned in my last Producer Note, if you haven’t opted-in for Star Wars Galaxies emails, I suggest you do it now.Β  We have something special coming.Β  It’s taken a little longer to prepare the announcement than anticipated but we should be announcing it any time now.

-Dotanuki

p.s.Β  If you hadn't seen, today is Valara's last day with SOE.Β  I want to personally thank her for all the help and support she gave me the entire time she was here.Β  She was an excellent Community Manager and will be deeply missed by the entire Dev team.

Best wishes to you and your family, Valara!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/...topic_id=870102

Jammer dat Valara gaat πŸ™

Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2009 12:39 am
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

Wat houdt dit in?

Finally, as was mentioned in my last Producer Note, if you haven’t opted-in for Star Wars Galaxies emails, I suggest you do it now.Β  We have something special coming.Β  It’s taken a little longer to prepare the announcement than anticipated but we should be announcing it any time now.

Iedereen met een account krijgt toch sstandaard mail over SWG? Of zie ik iets over het hoofd?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 1:03 pm
 Imia
(@imia)
Noble Member

Kan iemand iets uit star wars wereld halen die te maken heeft met deze huizen? Ik kan me niet herinnering dat zo huis wel bestaat?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 1:39 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

je bedoeld een barn in swg?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 3:41 pm
Leto
 Leto
(@leto-the-mandorine)
Illustrious Member

zie.. daar heb ik dus nooit aan kunnen wennen, dat alles door elkaar is gehutseld in SWG. dus allerlei characters, items, vehicles & spaceships van alle 6 films in het spel SWG.

dacht toch echt dat SWG zich afspeelde tussen V & VI?
natuurlijk wat vroeger werd gebruikt, kan in de toekomst ook gebruikt blijven worden.. heh na 25 jaar geen motorrijtuigenbelastingΒ  πŸ˜›
maar toch.. ik kan er nog moeilijk aan wennen.Β  :-

The Mandorine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 5:31 pm
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hoe moeilijk wennen? Heb je wel eens van expanded universe gehoord ? dat speelt zich ook af tussen episode IV en V.

De films laten maar een puntje van de ijsberg zien wat er in STARWARS allemaal is.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2009 7:15 pm
Dashea
(@dashea)
Illustrious Member

D'r is een verschil in fan zijn.
Een maat van me, is echt puur IV, V en VI.
Alles wat daarbuiten is, is geen Star Wars volgens hem.
Ik heb een heel breed fanvlak, vind alles mooi (vrijwel altijd) en hou ook veel van extended universe. Er is meer dan alleen de films. Anders waren we gauw uitgespeeld natuurlijk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 9:25 pm
Leto
 Leto
(@leto-the-mandorine)
Illustrious Member

Expanded Universe vind ik ook zeer tof! Shadows of The Empire bijv. erg cool!
Alleen vele items e.d. komen gewoon uit Episode 1, 2 & 3 enzo.. vind ik iets minder.

The Mandorine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 9:53 pm
 Imia
(@imia)
Noble Member

Waar blijft antwoord van mijn vraag!Β  :-X

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2009 10:31 pm
Lantern
(@lantern)
Illustrious Member Admin

Kan een huis zijn uit de expanded Universe bijv.

Ik denk dat de grote verandering in SWG is : GCW aanpassing die op iedereen van toepassing is of een nieuwe Planeet.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2009 11:39 pm