Original article: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130402
Beginning, today, April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or website will require your Display Name. Email addresses are no longer accepted; your Display Name is the only accepted option.
In case you forgot your Display Name, simply:
- Click on the “Log In” button at the top right hand corner of www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com.
- Click “Forgot your Display Name?”
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Click “Recover Display Name.”
- An automated email will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Your Display Name is within this automated email.
Also, a new process utilizing “One-Time Passwords” will be replacing the Security Questions and Answers previously requested during log in. This change will allow us to enable self-service recovery measures.
There are a few new ways to help you recover important account information faster and more efficiently in case you forgot or lost this information. Below are all the measures you can take:
- Self-service for “Forgot my Password”
- Self-service for “Forgot my Display Name”
- Self-service for “Lost my Security Key”
- Self-service for “Remove my Security Key”
- Self-service for “Change my Security Key”
These changes increase the security of our game authentication system, which helps to keep the game protected from many security threats including account takeovers.