Langverwacht een vervolg op CoH 2
Welcome back Commander!
The legendary strategy franchise is back, combining heart-pounding combat with new layers of strategy in a breathtaking Mediterranean setting. Relic Entertainment™ and SEGA® are thrilled to reveal that Company of Heroes™ 3, the latest instalment in the critically acclaimed strategy series, is coming to PC in late 2022.
Be sure to Wishlist it here on Steam and check out the latest screenshots, trailers and game details.
Our amazing Company of Heroes community can now go ‘hands-on’ with our free Pre-Alpha Preview. For three weeks starting July 13th 11am PDT, experience a pre-alpha ‘glimpse’ of our single player campaign and give us your feedback. To gain free access, simply join our new CoH-Development program here.
Joining CoH-Development immediately grants you access to our game forums to discuss the new game and our legacy titles. In addition, Relic developers will be sharing design documents, concepts, visuals, insights and more as we continue our development journey with you.
“We’re really excited for players to experience Company of Heroes 3 right from the pre-alpha stage and to receive their valuable feedback,” said Justin Dowdeswell, General Manager at Relic Entertainment. “We’ve been co-developing the game with our fantastic community members for years now, and they have been instrumental in providing consistent and meaningful feedback at every step of the development process. We are ready to expand that program in a massive way with our fans around the world via our COH-Development Program, which has been made possible by Amplitude Studios’ fantastic Games2Gether platform.”
This high-level overview document will introduce you to the gameplay and major features of Company of Heroes 3. As we work towards an Alpha build, we’d like your feedback to help guide our decisions around feature development, content changes, and core gameplay improvements.
In the summer of 1943, the Allies launch Operation Husky, starting a thrust to remove Italy from the war and weaken the Axis. The Allied forces, composed of American and Commonwealth troops (alongside international allies), engage in a long and arduous campaign that, despite the surrender of the Italian Army, will last well into 1945. As a player, will you recreate history or redefine it? Make the hard decisions that leaders made by choosing who, where and how to deploy companies. Lead your soldiers into battle and make them heroes.
Here is our vision statement that we are using to inform and shape the game we want to build:
Why are these vision points important?
Tactical Company of Heroes 1 Gameplay
- This is important to us both as a reference to the gameplay pacing and quality target we are striving for, but also as a response to what our fans are asking for. The core experience of CoH1 has stood the test of time, and we want to bring it back with targeted improvements and some exciting new gameplay mechanics.
Dynamic Campaign Map
- A non-linear, decision-filled dynamic campaign map is a natural evolution for the Company of Heroes series. This new strategic layer provides more opportunities for player choice, diverse campaign experiences, and dynamic, unpredictable missions.
Mediterranean Theatre Brought to Life
- A new theatre of battle brings new terrain, new combat dynamics, improved gameplay and new factions. Our goal is to deliver an experience that could only be realized in the Mediterranean; soldiers from all over the world fight in the most diverse environments Company of Heroes has ever seen.
While we can’t announce everything just yet, Company of Heroes 3 will offer the core experiences we know strategy players want:
- A deep, re-playable single-player mode full of choice, progression, and non-linear exploration.
- Single-player and cooperative skirmish modes. Play against challenging AI, alone or with friends, on diverse battlefields modified by many custom-game options.
- Competitive multiplayer. Select your battlegroup and face off against other players on tightly balanced 1v1 maps all the way up to sprawling 4v4 battlefields.
Company of Heroes 3 is being developed under new circumstances for Relic. In addition to working with upgraded tools and technology, our creative processes have changed.
- From day one, the team has relied on input from fans. We chose our theatre, factions, game modes, and more, with input from devoted Company of Heroes players. Over the last four years, our “Community Council” has grown, played early versions of the game, and provided vital feedback.
- Company of Heroes has often told exciting stories via immersive missions and cinematic sequences. This time, create your own stories by playing your way. While our narrative will introduce you to important characters and conflicts, the campaign is yours to shape. Make strategic choices that influence your allies and enemies, affect missions and skirmishes, and empower your companies.
Improved & Expanded
- It may sound obvious, but we want Company of Heroes 3 to be the best game in the franchise’s 15-year history. We’re trying to achieve this by improving key gameplay mechanics, dialing up the fidelity of our armies and environments, overhauling our destruction systems, and above all respecting what fans love about Company of Heroes. Our revered tactical gameplay is back, improved and expanded.
We’ll now give you a glimpse at a few key features of Company of Heroes 3. This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we won’t dive deep at this point, but you’ll learn much more in subsequent posts.