- Re: STA Star Wars CCG IDEE, posted by Leto_jr on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:51 pm
- Re: Star Wars - The Force Awakens (episode 7), posted by Leto_jr on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 am
- Re: Star Wars CCG - Kaarten gezocht!, posted by Lantern on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm
- Re: Borderlands 2 STA event?!, posted by Leto_jr on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:18 am
- Re: Lantern dubbele CCG kaarten, posted by Leto_jr on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:25 pm
In the Reddit conversation Nielsen asserted “the amount of content in the game has absolutely zero to do with DLC. I can say that with all honesty.” He said that there will be more than 8 maps in the base game and that it should offer improved core gameplay and “expand on the strengths of the previous games”.
On the particularly thorny subject of trimming a game to provide scraps for DLC packs the game producer said “if you think there’s anything we’re not including in the game to save it for DLC, I can tell you you’re 100% wrong.” He went on to emphasise the point, “In this project, I’ve never heard anyone say ‘Let’s not do this for launch so we can do it as DLC instead’. Ever.”
Another early criticism of the new Star Wars: Battlefront revolves around people dismissing it as a Battlefield 4 re-skin. Neilsen asserts that – yes, the game uses the Frostbite Engine but “not a lot of the Battlefield code”. Talking up the game he added that the planets look “absolutely amazing,” and that the bar has been set very high on what the team intends to achieve, sacrificing quantity for quality.
As a reminder of the new Star Wars: Battlefront game I have embedded the trailer below. This video was released after our article was published last week, about the leaked release date, so only made it into the comments section.
If you are a fan you might be interested in a new article on Microsoft’s Xbox Wire site, based upon an interview with DICE Senior Producer Sigurlina Ingvarsdottir, it reveals more about the highly anticipated Star Wars game’s content and development.